Sign in to follow this  
Jacobs

Police Ranking

Then, a suggestion, for the police force: The ranks. But before that: Constabularies/ Departments

Maybe you should create some sort of departments/ constabularies for the police force. What I mean by this: Le Port Constabulary, La Trinité Constabulary, La Pessagne Constabulary (In Dutch: Politiezone). On top of that, you should maybe create some specialized units, such as a more armed unit, an anti-drug unit, a flying unit, a marine unit, a detective unit, a secret service, etc. Its up to you.

Then, let's move on to the ranks. My suggestion: Take over the UK system, as it is simple and easy to follow.

Chief Constable: Head of Police. 1-3 Chief Constables, in charge of the entire police force. They make up the rules for the police (Not server rules, for example whento search someone is a police rule, VDM is a server rule), and should be more concerned with running the force than with playing.

Deputy Chief Constable: Right hand of the Chief Constables. 3-5 Deputies, who are a bit more concerned with the in-game things (For example, authorising a gang raid), but should also deal with complaints and do a lot of the things a Chief Constable would do.

Assistant Chief Constable: 1-4 (Deputy) Chief Constables in training. They can do most of the things a Deputy can , but must probably be guided a bit.

Chief Superintendent: Head of a Constabulary. There is only one Chief Superintendent per constabulary. Whereas the chief constables run the police force as a whole, the Chief Superintendents are in charge of their specific constabulary. They make sure everyone is happy with eachother, make sure their city/ area is safe, do promotions (Not demotions, thats for a (deputy) chief constable).

Superintendent: For every constabulary, there are 2-3 superintendents. They are the right-hand of the chief superintendent: Assist him in any decision he makes, be a link between police constables and the chief superintendent, etc.

Chief Inspector: Highest rank that is not police command. They go on patrol, lead operations, help new police constables with police rules, and solve any disputes that can be solved without getting higher-ups.

Inspector: Makes sure everything is going well on patrol. Lead officers, lead missions, control movement, go on patrol, etc.

Sergeant: Elevated Police Constable. Assist both new and old officers, and make sure the law stays enforced.

Police Constable: This is where most officers will spend their time, until they get promoted for their excellence. Their main job: To enforce the law.

Then, you could make around 1-3 training ranks, for police constables in their probationary period.

Besides that, you could divide those ranks into three groups:

Chief Constable until Assistant Chief Constable: (High) Police Command

Chief Superintendent and Superintendent: Low Police Command

Chief Inspector until Police Constable: Law Enforcing Officers (LEO)

I'd be happy to give more explanation for this system soon, I will try and contact you as soon as possible.

Hi Jacobs jusy a quick reply from my phone. 

There is already a rank system and unit system set up. There is just no forum topics yet because we are looking for someone to lead the police faction!